Help us to help you.
In order for Battenkill Valley Health Center (BVHC) to provide you with exceptional healthcare, there are rules that we both need to follow. Listed below is what you can expect from BVHC and what BVHC expects from you:
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT
- To receive considerate and respectful care regardless of your sex, age, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation or other personal characteristics including source of payment of your care.
- To receive the necessary information to participate in decisions about your care and to give your informed permission before any diagnostic or therapeutic procedure is performed.
- To receive the information you need about your health and medical conditions in a way you can understand. To be involved in plans and decisions about your medical treatment.
- To expect reasonable continuity of care and have a medical provider of your choice who is responsible for coordinating your care.
- To expect that your medical record will be kept confidential and released only with your written consent for your treatment with other medical providers, payment of charges or healthcare operations EXCEPT in cases of medical emergency, in response to court orders, suspected abuse of children, or if you threaten to harm yourself, others or property. The members of your healthcare team will share among themselves the information that is necessary to guide their care of you. (For more information about your right to privacy, please read carefully your Notice of Privacy Practices.)
- To know the names and positions of people involved in your care by official name tag or personal introduction. To receive interpreter services if you need them.
- To ask and receive an explanation of any charges made by BVHC, even if they are covered by insurance.
YOU CAN EXPECT THAT WE WILL
- Respond to any reasonable request courteously and promptly.
- Respect your privacy.
- Provide care that takes into consideration your personal, spiritual, and cultural values.
YOU HAVE A RESPONSIBILITY
- To provide honest and complete information about your past health medical history so that we can provide the right care.
- To provide necessary information to complete your file.
- To ask questions if you do not understand the explanation of your illness or any instructions that we give you.
- To speak and behave respectfully to BVHC staff and other patients.
- To respect the privacy of other BVHC patients.
- To pay your BVHC bills or, if you are having difficulty, call us to arrange a payment plan.
- To arrive on time for scheduled appointments.
- To call at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment to cancel and/or reschedule.
- To provide BVHC with at least 24 hour notice when you or a family member are in need of medications or a prescription.
- To recognize the effects of your life-style on your personal health and to make healthy lifestyle choices.